Four Against One
Four Against One
Florence has dozens of world class highlights: The Duomo, Piazzale Michelangelo and the Uffizi Gallery to name a few. Far away from these popular sights, it also has wonderful cobbled backstreets and uncrowded alleyways. Aimlessly wandering these laneways is a rewarding experience. Small, local restaurants and quiet piazzas with charming fountains. Neighbours gossiping door-to-door. Tiny flower stalls and greengrocers. Best of all, as the the crowds stay on the well-worn tourist path, you have these experiences largely to yourself.
C-Type: C-Type prints are machine printed using a laser process on Fuji & Kodak archive paper, producing a high-resolution image with great colour depth. Papers available are:
- Fuji Gloss - Professional colour paper from the Fuji Crystal Archive range with a gloss finish, which accentuates the colour to give a punchy, rich feel.
- Fuji Matt - Fuji Crystal Archive paper with a semi-matt finish. The paper is coated with a slightly stippled finish and gives a very natural photographic finish with subtle colour.
- Fuji Flex - Fuji Flex, a.k.a. super-gloss, has a plastic feel to the paper with a warm base colour and an ultra high gloss finish, giving luxurious rich colours.
Giclée: Giclée prints are printed using an ink-jet process on a wide range of fine papers. They generally offering less colour depth than C-Type prints, however, the texture of the paper gives the print a fine art appearance. Papers available are:
- Hahnemühle Photo Rag - At 308g.s.m. this is a heavy art paper, with a fibrous finish. The paper softens the image and mutes the colours giving a watercolour feel to the final image.
- Hahnemühle Pearl - A slightly textured 285g.s.m. semi-gloss paper. Holds more detail with punchier colours than the Photo Rag, whilst maintaining the illustrative/ painted feel.
- Hahnemühle German Etching - 310g.s.m. This heavyweight etching board is silky smooth with a fine surface texture. It is one of the most popular media worldwide for artwork & photography.
- Harman Gloss Baryta Warmtone - This 320 gsm fibre-based paper gives you creamy whites and velvety blacks. The special coating gives you a high gloss, optical image density and vibrancy.
- Canson Baryta Photographique - This 310 gsm pure white, museum-grade Baryta paper, offers maximum longevity. Great for high contrast images, as well as fluorescent and vivid colours.
- Canson Aquarelle Rag - Museum grade, 310 gsm, 100% cotton fine art and photo paper, with beautifully warm off-white tones and extreme texture.