Blue and White
Blue and White
The beach in Nice curves around the Bay of Angels for about 4 kilometres and is almost entirely composed of smooth pebbles. Interspersed along this stretch of coastline are 15 private beach concessions. These private beaches are marked out and fenced off from the general public and have sun-lounges, umbrellas, towels and food and drink facilities. For those not willing or unable to afford 40 Euros for this privilege, there is plenty of free beach space available.
Location: Nice-Cote d'Azur-France
C-Type: C-Type prints are machine printed using a laser process on Fuji & Kodak archive paper, producing a high-resolution image with great colour depth. Papers available are:
- Fuji Gloss - Professional colour paper from the Fuji Crystal Archive range with a gloss finish, which accentuates the colour to give a punchy, rich feel.
- Fuji Matt - Fuji Crystal Archive paper with a semi-matt finish. The paper is coated with a slightly stippled finish and gives a very natural photographic finish with subtle colour.
- Fuji Flex - Fuji Flex, a.k.a. super-gloss, has a plastic feel to the paper with a warm base colour and an ultra high gloss finish, giving luxurious rich colours.
Giclée: Giclée prints are printed using an ink-jet process on a wide range of fine papers. They generally offering less colour depth than C-Type prints, however, the texture of the paper gives the print a fine art appearance. Papers available are:
- Hahnemühle Photo Rag - At 308g.s.m. this is a heavy art paper, with a fibrous finish. The paper softens the image and mutes the colours giving a watercolour feel to the final image.
- Hahnemühle Pearl - A slightly textured 285g.s.m. semi-gloss paper. Holds more detail with punchier colours than the Photo Rag, whilst maintaining the illustrative/ painted feel.
- Hahnemühle German Etching - 310g.s.m. This heavyweight etching board is silky smooth with a fine surface texture. It is one of the most popular media worldwide for artwork & photography.
- Harman Gloss Baryta Warmtone - This 320 gsm fibre-based paper gives you creamy whites and velvety blacks. The special coating gives you a high gloss, optical image density and vibrancy.
- Canson Baryta Photographique - This 310 gsm pure white, museum-grade Baryta paper, offers maximum longevity. Great for high contrast images, as well as fluorescent and vivid colours.
- Canson Aquarelle Rag - Museum grade, 310 gsm, 100% cotton fine art and photo paper, with beautifully warm off-white tones and extreme texture.